Friday, December 05, 2008

Eastern Coastal Storm and Western Forecast Results

Conventional forecasters are warning that the coldest air mass in several years for December will strike the eastern half of the U.S. behind a low pressure system over the Great Lakes area. The low will then transfer its energy to a coastal storm brewing off shore, which will brush southeastern New England while heavy snow spreads into eastern Maine. Strong northwest winds will add to the chill across New York and the Mid-Atlantic and then New England. (see Accuweather map at left)



The Weather Alternative long-range forecast for December 4-6, 2008 advised of a major storm system over the Northeast and New England areas. Cold and windy conditions were pointed out due to the Mercury-Uranus square.



In another long-range forecast posted on September 30, 2008, a potent storm was foreseen for the Pacific Northwest and California between November 29-December 4, 2008.

On December 1st, forecasters called for strong winds to spread across the Intermountain West and posted wind and snow-related warnings for Montana and Wyoming.

Then on December 2nd, a storm system moving out of the Pacific Northwest collided with another system over western Canada. The result was widespread snow across the Intermountain West. (see Accuweather map at right)

December 2008 Forecasts
Solar Eclipse Activation Fall 2008 Part 1
Introduction to the Weather Alternative
How Long-Range Forecasts Are Made

Children

I took a piece of plastic clay
And idly fashioned it one day;
And as my fingers pressed it still,
It moved & yielded at my will.

I came again when days were past,
The form I gave it still it bore,
And as my fingers pressed it still,
I could change that form no more.

I took a piece of living clay,
And gently formed it day by day,
And molded with my power & art,
A young child's soft & yielding heart.

I came again when days were gone;
It was a man I looked upon,
He still that early impress bore,
And I could change it never more.

It is good to remember that Washington was one of ten children, John Wesley of twenty-one children, Shakespeare one of eight, Sir Walter Scott one of eleven, Benjamin Franklin was the tenth, Lyman Beecher, father of Harriet Beecher-Stowe, was one of thirteen & the most puny baby of them all. Tennyson was one of twelve, & Catherine of Siena one of twenty-two.

No comments: