Tuesday, January 04, 2011

January 3-5, 2011 Forecast Results

A low pressure system is affecting the Great Lakes area with lake-effect snow. I mentioned this time period in two different posts. The first was last Nov. 14th and the second on Dec. 16th.
04 Great Lakes

The low is not nearly the major storm I thought it would be in the Dec 16th post, although as we'll see below, it will strengthen east of the Great Lakes. I did forecast windy conditions in the Nov. 14th post. Accuweather reports that blustery winds will accompany the system. These are labeled in the above weather map as "bitter breezes."

04 Northeast
Another low will affect the Great Lakes tomorrow and then is expected to strengthen off the New England coast on Friday and Saturday threatening the area with another snowstorm. This will coincide beautifully with the Sun's square to Saturn over that area on Friday, January 7th.

January 25-27, 2011 New England and Eastern Canada

Great Lakes Winter Storm Jan 10-13, 2011

South Texas Wet Weather Feb 16-18, 2011

Significant West Coast Storm February 20-23, 2011

Major Storm January 3-5, 2011

Midwest Winter Cold and Heating Oil


Tropical Storm Matthew Fulfills Long-range Forecast!

Hurricane Earl and T.D. 10E Fulfill Long-range Forecasts!

Tropical Storm Alex Fulfills Long-range Prediction!

Bonnie Fulfills Long-range Forecast!

Introduction to the Weather Alternative

How Long-Range Forecasts Are Made

This Year

This year …
I’ll take more time to laugh and smile,
To feel the wind upon my face,
To learn true wisdom from a child,
Give my soul the needed space,
To live life pure and clear …
… this year.

This year …
I’ll learn to turn off my computer,
Interact with human beings,
Spend less time in online stupor,
More time learning, breathing, seeing
All that life holds dear …
… this year.

This year …
I will resolve to write that letter
That I have too long neglected,
Make an aching heart feel better,
Cheer a friend who feels dejected,
Bring someone some cheer …
… this year.

This year …
I’ll not be hijacked by my deadlines,
Or imprisoned by ambitions.
Or let dismal, gloomy headlines
Dictate my heart’s disposition.
I’ll choose faith, not fear …
… this year.

This year …
I’ll see the struggling flower beneath
The hard, frosty exterior
Of one who lets frustration see the
Because they feel inferior.
I’ll try to draw them near …
… this year.

This year …
No high and mighty resolutions
Fit for presidents and kings.
I’ll start a quiet revolution,
Seek these simple loving things
Above wealth or career …
… this year.— Ian Bach

No comments: